Social Media Intern
As a creative agency, we are always looking to produce compelling content. But with our team committed to other projects, it’s a challenge to stay active on social media. We are looking for a Social Media Intern to assume that responsibility and drive content that engages our growing digital community. The ideal candidate is motivated, tech-savvy, and eager to create. You possess strong knowledge of the digital media landscape, a demonstrated writing ability, and strong organizational skills.
In this role, you will be expected to maintain our presence across channels and publish content that is consistent with our company’s voice and image. You will collaborate with our creative team and Director to ideate, produce, and post with frequency.
Clicks, likes, and shares are always a good metric for success, but come second to quality content. We eat, sleep and breath creative—you should too. Above all, we use social media as a form of thought-leadership and an example of the quality of work we produce.
Those looking to gain valuable digital marketing experience and work in a fast-paced, creative environment should apply.
This position has the potential to convert to a full-time, long-term role. But first, show us what you can do.
- Develop engaging social media content across channels, ensuring that all posts are consistent with our company voice and image
- Work with creative team and Director to refine social media strategy and best practices
- Plan and manage social media calendar to ensure consistent activity and relevancy/timing of content
- Administer all company social media accounts (LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) ensuring timely posts and user engagement
- Build, grow and maintain company’s online communities. Connect with partners, clients, vendors, and potential customers and stay up-to-date on their updates
- Design short-term and long-term social media plans, including ideas for new campaigns, post series, and evergreen content
- Work with our creative team to create graphics optimized for social media
- Write effective, concise copy across channels, varying length, format and tone accordingly
- Align with copywriters to promote new blog and website content
- Monitor social media progress and user engagement using web analytic tools. Propose ways to improve
- Engage team to be more active on social media (especially LinkedIn) and act as brand ambassadors
- Research new media platforms, trends, and industry opportunities
- Organize social media assets and content, managing approvals and final deliverables
- Social media savant that stays ahead of trends, understands the best ways to engage an audience (across platforms), and is active on their personal channels
- Creative self-starter who is excited to both take initiative and collaborate with the team
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Highly organized and diligent, with strong attention to detail
- Collaborative with the judgment needed to get results and build relationships
- Positive, can-do attitude with drive to exceed expectations
- Resilient to constructive criticism and eager to learn and grow
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration, communication, art/design (or, a student working toward a degree)
- Familiarity and facility with social media platforms, including but not limited to LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTbe and Pinterest
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; Excellent copy writing/editing ability
- Experience building and managing a company social media presence and engaged following a plus
- Aptitude for creative, professional imagery optimized for social media (lay outs, photography, etc.)
- Experience juggling multiple projects and deadlines at once and confident working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Basic graphic design skills (illustrator, Photoshop, etc.) is strongly preferred
- Photography skills a plus
- Video/motion graphics skills would wow us