PT or FT
Social Media Intern
As a creative agency, we are always looking to produce compelling content. But with our team committed to other projects, it’s a challenge to stay active on social media. We are looking for a Social Media Marketer to assume that responsibility and drive content that engages our growing digital community. The ideal candidate is motivated, tech-savvy, and eager to create. You possess strong knowledge of the digital media landscape, a demonstrated writing ability, and strong organizational skills.
In this role, you will be expected to maintain our presence across channels and publish content that is consistent with our company’s voice and image. You will collaborate with our creative team and Director to ideate, produce and post with frequency.
Clicks, likes, and shares are always a good metric for success but come second to quality content. We eat, sleep and breathe creative—you should too. Above all, we use social media as a form of thought-leadership and an example of the quality of work we produce.
Those looking to gain valuable digital marketing experience and work in a fast-paced, creative environment should apply.
This position has the potential to convert to a full-time, long-term role. But first, show us what you can do.
- Design social media content for platforms like Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter
- Research current trends in social media (hashtags, efficient copy, gaining new followers, etc.)
- Build and execute a results-driven social media strategy with a focus on growing ours and a few our select clients following and increasing engagement
- Develop and curate engaging social content
- Assist in the creation and editing of written, video, and photo content
- Maintain unified brand voice across different social media channels
- Collaborate with the creative and content team to create a social media calendar
- Monitor social media channels for industry trends, influencers, and leaders and engage them
- Interact with users and respond to social media messages, inquiries, and comments
- Review analytics and create reports on key metrics
Requirements & Minimum Qualifications :
- 2+ years of professional experience in social media marketing – preferably at a design/web/advertising agency (but not a must)
- College degree in related field preferred (or working towards one)
- Passion for social media and proven experience executing campaigns across Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter
- Able to take photos and videos and edit them with editing tools (proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, and animation/video programs a plus!)
- Professional photography/videography experience is not required but a major plus
- Basic graphic design skills is strongly preferred
- Experience writing creative and compelling social copy with examples to show
- Proven track record developing unique social media campaigns and stories using a variety of content types including graphics, photography, and video
- Creative self-starter who is excited to both take initiative and collaborate with the team
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Organized and diligent, with strong attention to detail
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience juggling multiple projects and deadlines at once and confident working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment