Our Project Managers are the backbone of our agency. They take new project requests, lead them to completion, and are an integral part of how we grow our business. We’re looking to add another PM to the team and will accept only candidates that value a creative environment. Applicants should understand that agency life is fast-paced, demanding, and collaborative and be ready to dive in head-first.
In this role, you will be expected to drive several large-scale projects in parallel. You must efficiently plan and prioritize all tasks and work with the Lead PM to manage creative resources against all projects in our queue.
Project Managers will set client expectations and take ownership of the details–deadline, budget, unique objectives, scope of work, and available assets. Organization skills and a thoughtful disposition are critical. They will lead our creative team to produce the stunning work definitive of our agency and are ultimately responsible for the quality and profitability of our output. Most importantly, our PMs nurture our client relationships and understand our success is shared.
This person should make decisions quickly and with confidence, and be resourceful in determining the best path forward with little guidance. They will serve as a liaison between our clients and our creative team and should always maintain an empathetic approach to their role.
Ideal candidates will keep a balanced interest in our company’s success and their own development. We hire thoughtfully and always prioritize individuals who will grow with the team and extend themselves to add value beyond their job description.
At Design in Mind, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of creative projects, for a wide range of clients and industries. We pride ourselves on brand development, but our services span the gamut. Applicants must have agency experience!
If you are the driven individual described above and excited by the opportunity to join a creative team, we might have your dream job.
- Develop detailed project plans and timelines to meet the client’s defined objectives/deadlines
- Collaborate with our Project Management team to oversee allocations and coordinate the efforts of our creative team against all projects
- Provide team leadership to ensure project success within budget, timeline, and scope
- Write day-to-day tasks for the design team and track their progress through completion
- Ensure the creative direction and final output align with our client’s objectives and review all deliverables for quality
- Plan, track, and report project expenses, billing, and invoices
- Own the details of each creative brief to ensure client’s goals are met and that we remain flexible to their changing priorities and instruction. Collect additional information/content when incomplete requests are submitted
- Facilitate communication between our clients and our creative team. Ensure all feedback is addressed and set client expectations throughout the project cycle
- Build and nurture relationships with existing clients, identifying opportunities to increase their engagement
- Participate in writing proposals, responding to RFPs, and client interviews/pitches (new business)
- Lead client presentations and reviews, with appropriate team members
- Perform additional duties at the request of your direct report
- Maintain consistent organization of our files and archives (including folder structure and naming convention)
- Agency (or in-house design team) experience required with knowledge of the branding/design/web industry
- Self-motivated with the stamina to perform in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Accommodating of client requests and able to balance flexibility with realistic expectations
- Highly organized and diligent, with strong attention to detail
- Collaborative with the judgment needed to get results and build strong professional relationships
- Decisive and comfortable working independently to solve problems and avoid project delays
- Resilient to constructive criticism and eager to learn and grow
- Experience working in a branding, digital, or creative agency.
- 4+ years working in a client-facing, project management role
- Degree in Business, Marketing, Communication, Design/Art or equivalent
- PMP certification a plus
- Experience managing a combined client budget of $500k or more.
- Proven success with multidisciplinary teams, comfortable assuming both leadership and support roles
- Capable of managing medium to large-scale projects with minimal guidance
- Adept at understanding and communicating design requirements to our team, and ideas/concepts to our clients
- Experience with project management platforms (Wrike, a plus)
- Maintains a positive attitude and professionalism in stressful situations, and against rigorous deadlines
- Desire to work in a creative, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Strong organizational skills, good time management, and proven ability to follow and refine process
- Proficient with Google Suite: Google Mail, Drive, Docs, and Sheets
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with digital asset management
- Strong interest in the design industry and creative process