Our Project Managers are the backbone of our agency. They take new project requests, assume leadership through completion, and are an integral part of how we grow our business. We’re looking to add another PM to the team and are seeking candidates that value a creative environment. Applicants should understand that agency life is fast-paced, demanding and collaborative, and be ready to dive in head-first.
In this role, you will be expected to drive several large-scale projects in parallel. You must efficiently plan and prioritize all deliverables and help manage the resources working across all projects in our queue.
Project managers can consistently juggle client expectations, schedules, budgets, assets and scopes—organization and attention to detail are critical. They lead our creative team to produce the stunning work definitive of our agency and are responsible for the quality and profitability of our output. Most importantly, our PMs nurture our client relationships and understand our success is shared.
This person will make decisions quickly and with confidence, and be resourceful in finding solutions to determine the path forward with little guidance. They will serve as a liaison between our clients and our creative team to ensure our designs are always on track; and, they will maintain an empathetic approach to that role.
Ideal candidates will keep a balanced interest in our company’s success and their own development. We hire thoughtfully and always prioritize individuals who will grow with the team and extend themselves to add value beyond their job description.
At Design in Mind, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of creative projects: branding, marketing collateral, digital campaigns, websites, events—the list is endless. Applicants must have agency experience, but will be trained to handle the gamut. You will work closely with our Project Management team as well as own your projects independently.
If you are the driven individual described above, and excited to join a creative team, we might be your dream job.
- Develop detailed project plans and timelines to meet the client’s defined objectives/deadlines
- Collaborate with our Project Management team to oversee allocations and coordinate the efforts of our creative team against all projects
- Provide team leadership to ensure project success within budget, timeline and scope
- Ensure the creative direction and final output align with our client’s overall positioning and review all deliverables for quality assurance
- Write day-to-day tasks for the design team and track their progress through completion
- Plan, track and report project expenses, billing, and invoices
- Own the details of each creative brief to ensure client’s goals are met and that we remain flexible to their changing priorities and instruction. Collect additional information/content when incomplete requests are submitted.
- Facilitate communication between our clients and our creative team. Ensure all feedback is addressed and set client expectations throughout the project cycle.
- Build and nurture relationships with existing clients, identifying opportunities to increase their engagement
- Participate in completing the materials needed for proposals, RFPs, and pitches (new business)
- Lead client presentations and reviews, with appropriate team members
- Perform additional duties at the request of the your direct report
- Maintain consistent organization of our files and archives (including folder structure and naming convention)
- Self-motivated with the stamina to perform in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Accommodating of our clients and able to balance flexibility with realistic expectations
- Highly organized and diligent, with strong attention to detail
- Collaborative with the judgment needed to get results and maintain relationships
- Decisive and comfortable working independently to solve problems and avoid project delays
- Resilient to constructive criticism and eager to learn and grow
- Experience working in a branding, digital, or creative agency.
- 4+ years working in a client-facing, Project Management role
- Degree in Business, Marketing, Communication, Design/Art or equivalent
- PMP certification a plus
- Experience managing a combined client budget of $500k or more.
- Proven success with multidisciplinary teams, comfortable assuming both leadership and support roles
- Capable of managing medium to large-scale projects with minimal guidance
- Adept at understanding and communicating design requirements to our team, and ideas/concepts to our clients
- Experience with project management platforms (Wrike, a plus)
- Maintains a positive attitude and professionalism in stressful situations, and against rigorous deadlines
- Desire to work in a creative, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Strong organizational skills, good time management and the ability to follow process
- Proficient with Google Suite: Google Mail, Drive, Docs, and Sheets
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with digital asset management
- Strong interest in the design industry and process