We’re looking for a talented writer with a marketing mindset and artistic sensibility. The ideal candidate enjoys collaboration and has experience tackling a wide range of content types. They must be adaptable and ready to shift from marketing campaigns and catchy headlines into long-form content at the drop of a hat.
At Design in Mind, you’ll have the ability to be hands-on with our clients and to write content that challenges your grasp of voice, vernacular, and vital messaging across brands.
Our candidates are quick to provide thoughtful insights, present their work, and never lose sight of larger project objectives. You must think conceptually, love language, and believe big ideas are best when clear and concise.
Most challenging of all: we need someone who has mastered the written word, but also understands the challenges of applying copy to design. (#IYKYK)
The position will require ongoing research to stay on top of content marketing trends and best practices, as well as to learn niche vocabulary per industry. You must work well under pressure (and competing deadlines), be eager to share ideas and constructive criticism with your team, and believe that success is best when it is shared.
This role will involve a combination of writing, editing, and proofing content across various materials including: brand messaging, social media, landing pages/websites, display ads, blogs, presentation decks, emails, formal reports, e-books, etc. A portfolio that proves your range must be included with your application.
If you’re looking to work hard, collaborate, and make every word count, let’s talk.
- Write and edit engaging content for a wide range of materials, including short and long-form content
- Understand and interpret content into conceptual writing that meets detailed business objectives
- Show aptitude in varying your writing style per client to align with specific project goals, target audiences, and brand guidelines
- Collaborate with our copy team, project managers, designers, clients and external vendors to ensure quality output throughout the project lifecycle
- Help refine our agency’s brand voice and messaging for primary marketing & sales materials
- Research products, companies and topics as needed to deliver unique and accurate insights that span industries
- Revise or rewrite copy in response to design challenges & constructive feedback
- Proofread copy after design projects are completed, correcting spelling, grammar and uncaught typos
- Work on several projects at once, sometimes under the pressure of very tight deadlines
- Self-motivated and flexible, with the stamina and agility to shift priorities as new challenges arise
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Resilient to (and accepting of) constructive criticism
- Exceptional reading, writing, and copyediting skills
- Ability to deliver clear, compelling and original copy
- Excellent research skills
- 2–4 years professional experience as a copywriter, journalist, social media strategist, or related marketing role (internship experience acceptable)
- 1–2 years experience writing for healthcare, pharmaceutical, and/or biotech industries preferred
- Bachelor’s degree
- Writing samples or portfolio link (applications submitted without samples will not be considered)
- Experience writing copy for ad campaigns, social media, and websites
- Experience receiving feedback and proposing solutions that meet new objectives, while retaining the integrity of the original idea
- Knowledge of social media engagement strategies, post types, best practices, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills needed to communicate with colleagues, clients, and outside vendors; excited to collaborate and leverage the knowledge of others
- Ability to present ideas verbally and explain rationale behind copy concepts and diction
- Maintain a positive attitude and professionalism
- Desire to work in a creative, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Logical, yet imaginative
- Eager to broaden skills and experience
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to follow process
- Proficiency with G Suite and Office tools
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite & Figma a plus
- Strong interest or experience in branding and the design industry